Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of the leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode of Spaces, we welcome ‘The Happy Family Lawyer’, Clarissa Rayward. Clarissa is a family lawyer based in Brisbane and is defiantly not your stereotypical lawyer. Her office (and home) is full of colour and neon! She shares with us why she has made these design choices in both her home and workspaces.
We also discussed:
•- Clarissa although a lawyer, has always had an interest in colour, design and space
• -Clarissa has intentionally designed her office to feel like a home and her reasonings
• -Clarissa sees the importance of creating a calm work environment for both staff and for her family law clients
• -Clarissa’s office is full of colour, balloons and neon and she shares why this is an important part of her business
• -The impact that scent and sound have in the workplace
• -Productivity and Clarissa’s perspective on how space influences this
• -Promotion of happiness is a core factor in Clarissa’s business’ and we discuss how happiness is affected by our environment
• -The psychology of colour and the tangible impact of colour in the workplace
• -Clarissa has recently renovated her home and she explains the non-negotiable aspects of design
• -Clarissa is teaching her daughter to love space and colour and even allowed her to choose the design of her bedroom
• -Wallpaper, natural light and airflow were very important to the design of both Clarissa’s home and office
• -Clarissa’s ‘Lost In Space’ question shootout
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with the colourful Clarissa Rayward.
Listen to the last Spaces Podcast here