Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode, we welcome Owner and Director of an award-winning yoga studio, Lucinda Mills. ‘One Hot Yoga’ has locations in both Melbourne and Sydney, however, due to current restrictions Lucinda has temporarily close her doors. This does not mean we cannot continue our Yoga routines. In this episode, we talk about creating a Yoga studio in your own home and what elements we should be bringing into the spaces we live in.
We also discussed:
- – Lucinda started ‘One Hot Yoga’ in 2012 after being a yoga teacher for 10 years
- – The Yoga and Pilates ‘Meaningful Movement’ which is more than just exercise
- – The journey that brought Lucinda to opening her own studio
- – Lucinda’s husband is an architect had significant involvement in re-imagining the yoga space
- – There is an inbuilt need to connect to something beyond ourselves; Yoga fills that need
- – The difference between Yoga and Pilates and the benefits of both
- – Lucinda is passionate about the practice of yoga and the consciousness of linking our mind, spirit and bodies
- – Collaborating with an architect to design the studio, brought Lucinda an awareness of materials and the effect they have on how we feel
- – The most important factors in designing a yoga space to achieve ‘Design Wellness’
- – Lucinda’s learnings from starting multiple studios and the changes she has made due to her experiences
- – Due to the Corona Virus, Lucinda has had to temporarily close her doors but encourages us to create space in our home for wellness
- – Lucinda’s tips for setting up a home yoga or pilates studio
- – Light, heat, scent, colour and texture all have the ability to influence our sense of self in our homes
- – Where Lucinda draws her inspiration from
- – Lucinda hosts Yoga Retreats and explains why they are so successful
- – Lucinda’s ‘Lost In Space’ question shootout.
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with Yoga expert, Lucinda Mills
One Hot Yoga studio
Listen to the last Spaces Podcast here