Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode, we welcome downsizing guru and author, Kym Lackmann.
We also discussed:
- – Kym shares what led her to write her book, ‘ The Art of Luxury Downsizing: How to Edit and Create Your New Home in Style’
- – We should be comfortable with when downsizing before making the transition.
- – Kym explains that we don’t need as space as we think we do.
- – Kym suggests creating living adjustments by using public facilities.
- – Consideration of communal private spaces like cellars.
- – Differences between men and women when it comes to design.
- – Considering sustainability when de-cluttering.
- – Kym’s top tips for working with smaller spaces during COVID-19.
- – Kym’s feedback for developers
- – Multiuse and single-use locations in the home.
- – Kym, in her book, encourages us to make space for passion projects.
- – Conversions to homes that improved accessibility.
- – Upcoming projects for Kym.
- – Kym’s ‘Lost In Space’ question shootout.
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with Kym Lackmann
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with Kym Lackmann.
Listen to the last Spaces Podcast here