Episode 24. Lighting up our health and wellness and the evolution of COVID killing lights with David O’Driscoll (Part 1)
Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode, we welcome business owner David O’Driscoll. This episode was so interesting that we decided to break it into two parts. During part one of this episode, we speak with David about the spaces we live in and the impact lighting can have on our health.
We also discussed:
- – The story behind Bright Green Lighting.
- – The evolution in our understanding of light and lightbulbs.
- – Ways in which lighting can move us towards a future of better health in our homes and places of work.
- – Global trends of lighting including wellness, efficiency and mood.
- – David shares some interesting, and recent, research results.
- – The impact that light has had on our health and wellness.
- – Our physiological reaction to a change in coloured lights.
- – Productivity can be improved by changing lighting, and David explains how we can achieve this.
- – David explains the different types of light that can be used in a home build.
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with David O’Driscoll