The best smart home technology should be simple, robust, future-proof and non-invasive. So, are current smart home tech options up to the challenge, how is it changing, and how can we make the most effective use of it in our homes?
Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode we welcome Jonathan Krywicki. It’s not a stretch to say that Jon is a true smart home tech guru. After many years helping put together some of the most tech-smart homes and offices in the country, Jon now works as the smart home security guru for the RACV (Royal Automobile Club of Victoria), so you know he knows his stuff.
Jon guides us through what we should be looking for in our smart home technology and how to best utilise it to improve our home lives, and why sometimes less technology is the best solution. Plus, he gives us an unique insight into what we can look forward to in the future.
Here’s what we plug into in this episode:
- – Nutting out the home technology puzzle
- – How tech is changing how we interact within spaces
- – Why we need or want these smart devices
- – Personalisation: the future of smart home technology
- – Why there’s more to smart tech than choosing gadgets
- – The challenges of implementing smart tech in new builds vs retrofitting
- – Jon’s three keys for getting technology right in your home
- – Future-proofing and the best way to go about it
- – Why we need time away from technology
- – What’s cool right now, kick-arse gadgets, and what’s around the corner
Show notes & podcast production provided by Amplify