Knowledge is power. That’s particularly true when it comes to building your own home. When there are so many things to consider, and so much money at stake, it’s easy to get lost in the process. But a little expert knowledge can make it a whole lot easier.
Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
Our guest on this episode puts the power of knowledge in your hands. Her name is Natalie Stevens and she’s helped thousands of people build their own homes on their own terms, and get the most from their building buck.
Founder of the Build In Oz website, the Building Home Masterclass and author of the popular book, Building Home: The 5 Step Journey to Building Your Best Lifestyle, Natalie is an expert at simplifying and demystifying the home building process. She shares some of her best insights and top tips with us on this episode of Spaces.
Here’s some of what Natalie shares with us:
- -Why building your own home can be more affordable than other options
- -Overcoming the fears of building from scratch
- -Natalie’s proven five-step Build in Oz process
- -How to maximise your budget and get the most from it
- -How to take advantage of government grants and incentives
- -The simple way to create your own house and land package
- -Why now is a great time to build your own home
- -Passive design and sustainability on a budget
- -How to ensure you get the right type of builder