Episode 23. Supercharging Building Performance, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability with Jackson Digney
Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode, we welcome Jackson Digney, and Enduro Builder for focus’s on Passive homes and Earthships.
- We also discussed:
- -Jackson is a Builder specialising in sustainable and energy-efficient builds.
- -The difference between Passive Homes and the Earthship.
- -Jackson’s journey to working on Earthships.
- -The advantages and features of a fully self-sustainable Earthship.
- -Design flexibility, and limitations when designing an Earthship.
- -Aesthetics of an Earthship and the ability to re-use and upcycle materials.
- -Jackson explains the two main ways to construct an Earthship.
- -Pounded tyre Earthships
- -Passive Houses and Earthships and the certification process’ required for each.
- -Jacksons connection with both Mike Reynolds and Martin Freney.
- -The human interaction with Earthships and positing of the building.
- -Passive houses are self-sustaining, whereas Earthships need a ‘sailor’.
- -Jackson’s view on sustainability and our society.
- -The true definition of sustainability and energy efficiency.
- -The future of Earthships in the building industry.
- -Commercial Earthships.
- -Client education grows a generation of sustainable home builders.
- -Jackson’s ‘Lost In Space’ question shootout.
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with Jackson Digney