Episode 25. Lighting up our health and wellness and the evolution of COVID killing lights with David O’Driscoll (Part 2)
Spaces. They influence every part of our lives – our health, wealth and happiness. Each week on the Spaces podcast, Sam Buckby shares the insights of leading building and design experts to help make our buildings smarter and create healthier and happier spaces.
On this episode, we welcome back lighting expert David O’Driscoll. During part two of this episode, David continues our education on UV light and the new technology of UV-C germicidal lighting systems by Bright Green.
We also discussed:
- – David explains UV-A, UV-B and UV-C lighting.
- – The power of UVC lighting including its potential to kill COVID.
- – David explains the UV-C germicidal lighting product.
- – The comparison between manual cleaning and UV-C germicidal lighting.
- – Safety and automated systems that are required when using UV-C germicidal lighting.
- – The costs related to installing this system through Bright Green.
- – The scheduling and detection systems used with UV-C germicidal lighting.
- – Research results conducted by Harvard and the book ‘Healthy Buildings’.
- – When we can expect the release of UV-C germicidal lighting by Bright Green.
Enjoy this week’s Spaces episode with David O’Driscoll
Read the Germicidal UV-C Lighting White Paper
Healthy Buildings – How Indoor Spaces Drive Performance and Productivity Hardcover by Joseph G. Allen.